Accreditation of Advertising Pitch Consultants
The Institute of Advertising Practitioners in Ireland (IAPI) supported by the Association of Advertisers in Ireland (AAI) have re-launched a guide for prospective advertising clients in how to go about selecting an advertising agency. This is called "Finding the Right Agency" and it is published in both hard-copy form and on the AAI website as a service to our members in a pdf format. This format is in the Members Login area only (in the "Advertising and Marketing Insights" Page) and can be downloaded by members.
What is a Pitch Consultant?
A Pitch Consultant is a person or company who is not a communications agency, but who presents themselves as having a specialist expertise in understanding communication needs and how to select the most suitable communications advisers that a company or client might need. They would therefore understand what communication agencies offer (advertising, public relations, sponsorship etc) and be able to competently compare and assess how those offerings can best match a potential client’s needs.
Accreditation of a Pitch Consultant
As part of the guide, it was noted in it that: "Anyone can set himself or herself up as a pitch consultant, and to date the category and personnel has been unregulated. If you choose to use a pitch consultant then IAPI along with the AAI would encourage you to use IAPI accredited consultants; to this end both organisations have set up an accreditation process which should benefit both the advertisers and the agencies. Those who are successful will be promoted through the AAI to all clients."
Against this background, IAPI and AAI outlined in their Guide the kind of Accreditation process that they would conduct so as to consider applicants who would wish to be accredited as Pitch Consultants.
Approval of Pitch Consultants
AAI and IAPI have now approved the accreditation of the following consultants, who applied for accreditation, highlighting their specific area of expertise.
- Claire Cluskey, Empirica
Phone +353 (0)86 6055959 Creative and Strategic Planning, Media Planning and Buying, Digital Services, PR
Email Claire Cluskey firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Michal Quilty email@example.com
- Andrew Melsom, Agency Insight, Gilmoora House, 57-61 Mortimer Street, London, UK, W1W 8HS. Website is: www.agencyinsight.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel 0044 (0)20 3008 6748 – Creative and Strategic Planning (PR, Digital), Media Planning and Buying Pitches
- Brian Sparks, Agency Assessments Ireland, 45 Anglesea Road, Dublin 4, Phone: 00351 01 668 9930; web: www.agencyassessments.com ; e-mail: email@example.com – Creative and Strategic Planning and Media Buying and Planning
- Frances Mary Marsh of Ebiquity Marsh, Media Consulting and Auditing Company,11 Ely Place, Dublin 2 www.ebiquitymarsh.ie firstname.lastname@example.org +353 1 6760934
- Una Herlihy of BK Communications www.bkcommunications.ie 00 353 86 3890036
- Liam Pender of Open Communications www.opencommunications.ie
Contact details are as follows:
Creative Agency Pitch
Una Herlihy BK Communications
Mob: 00 353 86 3890036
Media Agency Pitch
- Liam Pender Partner Open Communications
- Paul Duncanson/Tom Holmes of Creative Brief ltd., Carrington House, 126-128 Regent Street, London W1B 5SE, United Kingdom.
t: +44 (0)20 7478 8200 f: +44 (0)20 7437 4523 www.creativebrief.com
- Stuart Pocock - Creative and Media, The Observatory International Ltd, Level 17, Heron Tower,110 Bishopsgate, London EC2N 4AY T: +44 (0)20 7571 0415 M: +44 (0)7710 057 174 E: email@example.com W: www.observatoryltd.com
Accredited Pitch Consultants’ logo
An accredited pitch consultant will feature an approved logo on all their communications – see a copy of the logo below.