The AAI is:
- The only organisation solely focused on representing and furthering the interests of advertisers in Ireland.
- The authoritative voice of industry on issues of concern to advertisers, both at a national and EU level.
- AAI represents its Members not only on advertising issues, but also on all forms of commercial communications.
- Representative of Ireland's diverse industry sectors, both manufacturing and service. Membership of AAI is Corporate.
- A driving force in the establishment and maintenance of self-regulation in Ireland. Effective self-regulation is the credible alternative to legislative control of advertising and marketing.
- AAI also represents advertisers on the board of the Advertising Standards Authority for Ireland as well as being actively involved with a wide range of other regulatory bodies and interest groups such as The Broadcasting Authority of Ireland, Alcohol Beverage Federation of Ireland (ABFI), Food and Drink Industry Ireland (FDII), The Department of Health and Children, The Department of Finance and many others
- AAI is a member of the World Federation of Advertisers (www.wfanet.org)